Please visit my newly designed website.
www.christopheryuan.com
It's also optimized for iPhone/iPad! God bless you!



              What many would consider their worst nightmare has become a reality for Christopher Yuan. While attending dental school, he began living promiscuously as a homosexual and experimenting with illicit drugs. Within a few years, he was expelled from dental school, imprisoned for drug dealing and discovered that he was HIV positive.

              But God has turned his nightmare into an exciting and inspiring story of redemption, grace and transformation. Christopher has an understanding heart for and a desire to minister to those working through issues of sexuality and to those living with HIV/AIDS. He speaks locally and internationally to youth, on college campuses, in churches and in prisons.

              Christopher graduated from Moody Bible Institute in 2005 and Wheaton College Graduate School in 2007 with a Master of Arts in Biblical Exegesis and is currently pursuing a doctorate of ministry at Bethel Seminary. He now teaches at Moody while continuing his speaking ministry which has reached four continents around the world. Christopher has spoken at both Saddleback Church and Willow Creek Community Church in America and at many conferences including InterVarsity's Urbana and the Moody Pastors' Conference and Men's Conference. He is also featured in the award-winning documentary, "HOPE Positive: Surviving the Sentence of AIDS" and has co-authored with his mother, Out of a Far Country: A Gay Son's Journey to God, A Broken Mother's Search for Hope (forthcoming May 3, 2011 by WaterBrook Multnomah a division of Random House).

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chris Fabry Live!


I had the honor of being interviewed on "Chris Fabry Live!" today during my short visit in Colorado Springs. I was broadcasted on most Moody radio stations but you can listen to it again at www.chrisfabrylive.org.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Pitts said...

Dear Christopher,
I wanted to tell you how hearing you speak warmed my heart. I was so happy for you to hear how your kind mother didn't try to convince you that homosexuality was a sin, but she walked side by side with you, just being there for you as you began your walk towards the Lord.
Your story spoke to me because I have many gay friends who I love and care deeply for, and my heart breaks to watch them run so far from God because they are far too often ridiculed and shunned by well-meaning believers.
For such a long time, mainstream Christiainty's attitude towards gay people has created a conflict in my spiritual life: I have avoided becoming a baptized member of the church I regularly attend because I am dissatified with their offical "stance" regarding gay people. The pastoral staff at my church makes it a point to shun and look down upon the gay community, in front of the entire congregation-from the pulpit, and this attitude makes me very uncomfortable. I have always felt that this type of attitude is not behaving in a loving, Christ-like manner towards our fellow human beings, and it is troubling to me. Hearing your story (and your family's story as well!) made me feel that there is hope for those if us in the Christian community who want to meet all people with love and open arms, no matter what struggles or sin they are living with. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I AM PROUD OF YOU! You are bright light, and a blessing to all who will listen and hear what God has done in your life. Amen.

July 23, 2008 at 5:33 PM  
Blogger Phil Hoover, Chicago said...

I heard you on Chris Fabry Live" yesterday...I wept bitter tears, listening to your story.

You are my hero in so many ways.

July 24, 2008 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Matt K. said...

Nice T-Shirt man! Way to represent! One of my colleagues from CCC's national campus team, Larry Stephens, is going to be getting in touch with you about some speaking opportunities.

July 29, 2008 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger guynxtdoor said...

thank you for the blog.

May we all find His grace and Love

Best
eddie

August 8, 2008 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Christopher Yuan said...

Thanks Wendy for your encouraging words. Phil, isn't our God amazing and so patient with us! I'm no hero, but Jesus is certainly the one who works in me...I could never really do anything!!! Matt, I have to represent HOPE Positive!! I'm glad that you noticed it! Eddie, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Blessings to you sister and brothers!

Undeserving of His Grace,

Christopher Yuan
Yet for this reason I found mercy,
so that in me as the foremost,
Jesus Christ might demonstrate
His perfect patience
as an example for those
who would believe in Him
for eternal life.
1 Timothy 1:16

August 14, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home